Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pears

As I sit here thinking about the wonders of the Fall- the changing color of the tree leaves, the crisp morning air and the great food- Pears come to mind. I remember when I was little the great pear tree in my grandmothers back yard. How I couldn't wait until the were ripe and ready for picking. How sweet they was.
As I've gotten oder I have come to realize how versatile they are when using in cooking. All the different things they are compatible with. Such things as Blue Cheese and Almonds is commonly known but what about Bacon, Quinces, Rhubarb, Radicchio, rosemary, Beets, Basil and Arugula.
And to think when I was little I was told not to play with my food lol. Look for new ideas and recipes like Pear and Roquefort Tart in a Peppered Almond crust with Caramelized Onions or Pear and Pork cassoulet
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

No comments: