Prep 10 minutes
• 1 loaf Italian bread
• 1/4 cup Olive mix (recipe following)
• 3/4 cup Spicy Giardiniera (store brought or following recipe)
• 1/4 lb sliced seranno ham
• 1/4 lb sliced mortadella
• 1/4 lb sliced Genoa salami
• 1/4 lb sliced provolone
• 1/4 lb sliced mozzarella
1. Cut bread in half horizontally. Make a grove down the center of the bread -top and bottom- by pressing down with the tips of your fingers almost end to end, leaving about a 1 1/2" so when put together filling won't come out the ends. Brush inside of both pieces of bread with remaining vinaigrette
2. Spread one layer on meats and cheeses then half with olive mix then followed by gardenia then olive mix then cup cheese over it followed by the meat.
3. Cover with top.
4. Ideally the sandwich should be made an hour or more in advance and then tightly wrapped in plastic wrap to enable juices to soak bread.
5. Slice into quarters and serve
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry